Bankruptcy Associate Attorney
Associate Attorney at Waldrep LLP
Waldrep LLP is a boutique law firm specializing in business bankruptcy, healthcare restructuring and insolvency, and long-term care. We offer a unique combination of top-tier credentials and efficient, individualized client service.
Founded by Tom Waldrep, a former United States Bankruptcy Judge for the Middle District of North Carolina, Waldrep LLP offers clients experienced, efficient, and effective advocacy, both inside and outside of the courtroom. We have the depth and expertise of a large law firm, but with a small firm cost structure. Our defining characteristic is combining sophisticated solutions with individualized service.
We are actively pursuing a bankruptcy associate. At Waldrep LLP, we practice law as a team. Our clients benefit from our commitment to work together to achieve more efficient and effective outcomes. A successful associate will be attracted to working on complex cases collaboratively. We prioritize our people and our culture and have a vested interest in developing successful young lawyers. An associate at Waldrep LLP should be ready to work in a fast-paced environment and gain meaningful experience early in their career as this position requires client contact and a sophisticated caseload. We take a hands-on approach to training and mentorship and provide associates with the opportunity to hone their skills and provide much more than functional contributions.
Organization Type: Law Firm (15-20 employees)
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Job Title: Associate
Positions Available: 1
Years of Experience: 0-5 years
Practice Area: Bankruptcy, Bankruptcy Litigation
Compensation: $80,000 - $120,000/year commensurate with experience; generous benefits
Reports To: Partners
Job Summary: Associates collaborate with partners to provide a full range of highly competent and timely legal services to the clients of Waldrep LLP.
It is the policy of Waldrep LLP to administer all employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume to Megan-Eileen Waldrep at [email protected].
- Graduation from an ABA accredited law school, with preferred emphasis in bankruptcy or litigation.
- The candidate must be admitted to practice in North Carolina or willing to obtain admission.
Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent legal research, written, and verbal communication skills
- Excellent academic credentials
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented with excellent organization skills, including the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks successfully in an autonomous fashion
- Team player, committed to working with colleagues and clients
- Bankruptcy Court clerkship is a plus
- Contribute to the firm’s representation of debtors and creditors in all areas of corporate restructurings, workouts, distressed asset and debt acquisitions, and insolvency and bankruptcy proceedings including Chapter 7, Chapter 11, and Chapter 12 cases; adversary proceeding plaintiffs and defendants; creditors’ committees; individual creditors; and trustees in Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 cases
- Advocate for debtors in bankruptcy proceedings
- Handle all aspects of discovery from start to finish
- Draft and file pleadings and briefs
- Review and interpret developments at the state and national level regarding bankruptcies and research law and regulations
- Assist in the firm’s healthcare practice group, including litigation and outside general counsel matters when necessary
- Assist partners in researching and drafting materials for manuscripts and presentations
- Perform other job-related duties, legal functions, and special projects as assigned by the partners, as needed, to optimize the ongoing business operations of the firm
- Delegate to paralegals and other support staff