As the Winston Salem Chamber of Commerce and Winston Salem Business Inc. prepare for the completion of their consolidation to Greater Winston-Salem, Inc. this spring, we are building our team for a successful future. Greater Winston-Salem, Inc. will grow, retain, and attract business in Winston-Salem and Forsyth County. Key initiatives include economic and workforce development, talent recruitment and retention, advocacy, and entrepreneurial and small business resources. Join us today as we start a new chapter in economic development for our community.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Chief Financial Officer is part of the senior management team and is responsible for leading the Finance Department in management of the finances for the organization and its foundation. This includes budget analysis and management, financial modeling and reporting, cost benefit analysis and forecasting needs. The position reports to the President and CEO and serves as a trusted resource to the CEO and other senior leaders.
- Member of senior management team
- Demonstrate a commitment to the organization’s mission in all work performed
- Finance and Accounting:
- Responsible for financial information systems and maintenance of proper internal financial controls.
- Preparation of annual budget, including capital expenditures and fiscal year-end forecasting.
- Prepares monthly interim financial statements and presentation to Finance Committee and Executive Committee of the Board of Directors.
- In coordination with department leads, monitors budgets and provides guidance and planning to assure to hitting targets.
- In coordination with external auditors, oversees audit and preparation of tax returns, business licenses, and other reporting and compliance.
- Supervise financial department to ensure effective management of accounts payable and accounts receivable, as well as bank reconciliations and other routine matters.
- Manages all aspects of both the 501 C 6 and 501 C 3 financial matters
- Serves as lead in managing banking, investments, loans, lines of credit, merchant services and other bank relationships.
- Other duties as assigned by President/CEO
- Attend organization related events and council meetings when requested.
- Participate in various community service organizations and boards that further the economic development mission of Greater Winston Salem Inc. and as designated by the CEO.
- Active listening: actively attends to, conveys, and understands the questions and comments of others.
- Customer orientation: a desire to serve clients by focusing efforts on listening and responding effectively to customer questions, resolving customer problems to their satisfaction, and evaluating customer satisfaction.
- Detail oriented: meticulous attention to all aspects of a situation or task and ensures accuracy in documentation and data.
- Relationship building: ability to establish and maintain a good rapport and cooperative relationship with customers and co-workers.
- Ability to produce a large quantity of work at high quality.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite, QuickBooks, CRM software
- Must possess background and experience working with and advising business leaders.
- Exceptional creativity and problem-solving skills.
- Must be comfortable with public speaking and communicating both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to multitask and collaborate with internal and external colleagues.
- Must be willing to challenge the standard thinking with new ideas, new approaches, and new solutions.
- Must have strong decision-making skills and the determination to see projects through to the end.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- CPA or Master’s degree
- Minimum of ten years of experience in finance and accounting
- Knowledge of not-for-profit accounting