Salem Academy and College, the oldest continuously operating education institution for girls and women in the country by its founding date of 1772, is accepting applications for a part-time Computer Support Technician to work on campus in Winston Salem, North Carolina.
Computer Support Technicians are responsible for the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of computers, computer networks, Audio/Video equipment, projectors, printers, and other equipment maintained by the department of Information Technology. Technicians will ensure that adequate IT infrastructure is in place and operational in offices, classrooms, conference rooms, and computer labs. Technicians must be well-versed in computer systems, networks, and other digital and analog equipment. Technicians will work diligently and accurately with a great deal of patience to problem-solve and troubleshoot issues to ensure functionality. This person will also be responsible for coordinating repairs and maintenance of equipment and software.
Part Time Computer Support Technicians work a limited but flexible set of hours per week which may include evenings as needed (not third-shift). They work with full time staff to address user needs and to assist with help desk tickets in an ongoing capacity.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to the Salem Academy and College Director of Information Technology at [email protected]
Minimum qualifications include:
- AAS or working toward a degree in Computer or Networking support or equivalent work experience;
- Prior working experience as a Computer Support Technician or in a similar role;
- Experience with LAN/WAN networks;
- Knowledge of computer systems and IT components;
- Knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles;
- Excellent troubleshooting skills;
- Strong communication skills and;
- Exceptional organization and time management skills.
Professional certifications (e.g. Comp TIA A+) are a plus.