Criminal Defense Associate
The Law Office of Alan Doorasamy Sr., a litigation law firm in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, is looking to hire a criminal defense associate. The Firm represents defendants in State District and Superior court, Federal court and Immigration court.
We are looking for an attorney who will work with clients to determine their legal needs, educate them on the law as it applies to their circumstances, appropriately manage expectations, and draft, write and revise agreements, pleadings, motions, and negotiate settlements OR litigate.
The applicant must have integrity, a passion for practicing law and excellence. The applicant should have a high level of initiative, be able to work independently, be organized, and have excellent analytical, written, and oral skills.
We proudly serve many individuals whose first language is Spanish, throughout North Carolina and neighboring States. A bilingual candidate who speaks Spanish and English is an advantage.
Experienced and newly licensed attorneys are welcome to apply. We are willing to train a recent law school graduate with an interest in trying cases and learning criminal defense. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected].
Qualified candidates must have a valid NC Bar License and be in good standing.
- Meet with clients;
- Draft motions for trials;
- Attend misdemeanor and felony hearings;
- Conduct misdemeanor trials;
- Perform legal research;
- Make court appearances;
- Interview witnesses;
- Gather evidence to formulate defense or to initiate legal actions;
- Perform administrative and management functions related to the practice of law;
- Analyze the probable outcomes of cases, using the knowledge of legal precedents;
- Handle a caseload with little micromanaging by the supervising attorney.