Our Digital Marketplace Assistant Manager will work directly with our Digital Marketplace Manager in sharing departmental responsibilities. The Assistant Manager plays a pivotal role in marketplace, vendor and team communications. The individual in this position will make critical decisions concerning the marketplaces and will be responsible for executing the sales and merchandising strategy.
- Manage our marketplace administrative software, Channel Advisor and serve as an expert resource in digital marketplaces.
- Work directly with each marketplace to understand their policies, nuisances, specialties and web portal requirements. Correct any product errors in the marketplace and learn all the individual marketplace setups/requirements. Setup future marketplaces.
- Know where and how to locate inventory, sales trends, potential problems, template setup and feeds between Kaplan and Channel Advisor.
- Locate and update web data, key product features/age appropriateness, search words and other information requested by marketplaces.
- Evaluate product feedback and reviews from all marketplaces and respond where necessary.
- Attend marketplace conferences and retail buying shows.
- Monitor product sales and make changes in the market to increase product sales where required.
- Four year college degree in Education, Communications, Marketing, Business, Technology or related field preferred or comparable years of industry experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word/Excel and the web with the ability to become proficient with our marketplace administrative software, Channel Advisor.
- Experience in vendor relations, educational products, inventory and 3rd party seller on marketplaces such as Amazon, eBay or Walmart is a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with the skills necessary to effectively manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Flexible with proven ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Impressive critical thinking skills with ability to make decisions.
- Ability to learn our ERP system, including ability to run queries, review order status, web setup, and inventory reports.
- Strong communication, negotiation, project management, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel overnight several times in a year.
Please include your desired salary range.
We look forward to receiving your resume.
For over 50 years, Kaplan Early Learning Company has been a leading provider of educational products and services that enhance children's learning in the birth through elementary market. We bring to market innovative curricula, cutting edge assessments, teacher resource materials, classroom products and valuable professional development opportunities to early childhood and elementary school educators, caregivers and parents around the world.
We recognize people talent as the foundation of organizational excellence. A customer-focused company, we strive to select a diverse group of qualified candidates who believe in our brand and who value building customer relationships. Kaplan is a team of creative, resilient and performance-based thought-leaders who deliver best-in-class customer experience.
Kaplan Early Learning Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace differences, welcome diversity and value a culture of respect.