Driver / Mover
Job Title: Full-Time Driver / Mover (Donation Ambassador)
Reports To: Director of ReStore Operations
Details: Full-time Position, $13.00 per hour
Organization: Habitat for Humanity’s mission is Seeking to put God’s Love into action by bringing people together to build homes, community and hope. Steadfastly adhering to a philosophy of a “hand-up, not a hand-out,” Habitat is a powerful engine of collaboration and reciprocity where future homeowners qualify by having a history of steady income, verifiable need and a willingness to work hard. Habitat Forsyth has fundamentally changed lives - building strength, stability, and self-reliance - right here in our community through new homeownership opportunities, home remodels and repair, and training. Strong and stable families in self-sufficient homes creates strong and stable communities.
Basic Functions: Work as part of a team to drive ReStore donation truck to scheduled pickup locations, meet with donors, and load/ unload donations.
• Operate donation trucks in a safe, lawful, and courteous manner
• Maintain cleanliness of trucks interior and exterior (cab/daily; exterior/weekly)
• Regular maintenance checks to ensure readiness of truck and equipment at all times including reporting any maintenance concerns to supervisor
• Regular and as needed communication with Donations Coordinator
• Loading/unloading of donations in a safe and efficient manner
• Professional and courteous interaction with donors including utmost care and concern for personal property
• Assist with donation processing, recycling, and store needs when not assigned to truck
• Drivers must be eligible to be added to Habitat vehicle insurance- this requires at least 5 years of driving experience and a favorable driving record
• Communicate mission of Habitat
• Assist with Habitat special events as needed
• Comply with all policies and procedures
• Other duties as assigned by Donation Services Supervisor, Procurement Specialist or Store Manager
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time, to move and handle boxes of merchandise, furniture, and fixtures over varied terrain including stairs and through doorways, entails lifting at least 75 pounds, assisted
• Ability to understand and communicate in English; other languages are a plus
• Ability to work varied hours/days, including nights and weekends, as needed
• Ability to pass a pre-employment drug test and random drug testing as selected
Other Requirements: Adhere to schedule, show initiative, honest, drug free, positive attitude, customer service oriented, must have dependable transportation to work
Previous experience driving box style trucks and/or moving furniture preferred. Candidates will be asked to consent to background check and pre-employment drug test after contingent offer. Only serious candidates that are committed to reporting to work on time need apply.