Stimmel Associates is an award-winning Landscape Architecture, Civil Engineering & Land Planning firm, with offices in downtown Winston-Salem & uptown Charlotte. We work hard to ensure that our projects are planned, designed & managed to meet not only our high expectations, but to exceed our clients’ goals as well. We have a work hard, play hard mentality & we invest in each member of our team.
- We take care of our team. We offer competitive compensation, annual profit sharing, paid time off, a 401(k) plan that includes company match/contribution, a comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental & vision) & disability insurance. We embrace the need for work/life balance, social equity, & living the talk.
- Work with passionate people who are experts in their field. Our team loves what they do & has over 30 years of profitable experience to prove that we’re good at it. We offer an opportunity to gain unique experience working collaboratively with senior staff on a variety of project types.
- Be a part of a team that puts people first. As our most important asset, people are our primary focus. We strive to maintain our open company culture - in which everyone is a hands-on contributor & feels comfortable sharing ideas & opinions. We engage lunch & learns, monthly company events & opportunities to support the communities we work in.
We are searching for a creative team member with experience & interest in large & small scale land planning. As Landscape Architect, you will be responsible for collaborating with Project Managers & Senior Project Managers to ensure success in all projects. Specific duties will include:
- Work directly with the Landscape Architect PM to develop conceptual design & planning graphics, narratives, & presentation documents
- Due diligence & code research
- Produce Site Analysis & Land Planning graphics
- Design Development & Construction drawings in accordance with firm standards
- Consistently track and report on project status to the Landscape Architect PM
- Research, understand & develop details for innovative and sustainable design solutions
- Work collaboratively with team members by openly seeking & sharing constructive knowledge, insight & critical thinking
- Experience in urban design, sustainable design, and /or amenities detail design a plus.
- 2 Years of experience working within a similar role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Landscape Architecture
- Computer skills with demonstrated expertise in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suites (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.) & Sketch-up
- Demonstrated knowledge of site design, grading, construction details, & planting design.
- Desire and ability to work within a collaborative design team environment & transition between project priorities
- Strong written, oral and graphic communication skills