Position Summary: This position is an integral member of the Finance team, shares responsibility for overall departmental goal achievement, and reports to the Vice President of Finance. This position is primarily responsible for the daily accounts payable and receivable processing. This position works collaboratively with all Museum departments to ensure the accurate and timely processing of transactions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Process and approve drawers daily as well as make bank deposit.
• Retrieve and distribute mail daily.
• Review, process and post Accounts Payable (invoices from vendors) with correct GL accounts conforming to standard procedures to ensure proper entry into the financial system.
• Reconcile credit cards statements with receipts from various staff members, and post to the financial system.
• Maintain collection lists and follow collection procedures where necessary.
• Interact with customers to resolve outstanding issues.
• Send statements to outstanding customers.
• Maintain accurate aging report.
• Conduct account research and analysis and reconcile A/R to General Ledger.
• Prepare invoices and process back office payments in Altru for outstanding school field trip revenue.
• Investigate and resolve problems associated with processing of invoices and purchase orders.
• Prepare check runs twice a month.
• Maintain spending records and supply information as requested.
• Assist with providing back-up documentation for year-end audit.
• Assist with monthly bank reconciliation process.
• Files and maintains accounting documents / records.
• Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Performs other duties as required to support Accounting Department.
Required Education, Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
• Associate Degree in Accounting with 1+ years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information.
• Rigorous attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with internal and external customers.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a work environment that fosters teamwork and cooperation.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications: Intermediate Excel skills.
Essential Physical Functions:
On any given day, may be required to do one or more of the following: climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, lifting up to 50 pounds or sitting on the floor.
*A Cover Letter and Resume are required to apply.
Please direct all inquiries and cover letters/resumes to Mary Jo Morgan, VP of Finance - [email protected]
All applicants must submit to a drug test, criminal background, and reference check as part of the pre-employment process.
Kaleideum is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in the hiring of personnel on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender, age, Vietnam Era Veteran or disabled veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status as provided by law.