This is where it starts.
At the heart of North Carolina is a city inspired by industry and driven by innovation – Winston-Salem. The birthplace of R.J. Reynolds, Winston-Salem has strong ties to its rich history in tobacco and textile manufacturing, which are woven seamlessly into the fabric of this future-looking North Carolina city.
Visionary plans have breathed new life into Winston-Salem’s old brick factories and warehouses, which are now home to coworking spaces, breweries, music venues and loft apartments. Reinvention is in our DNA.
At the center of this renaissance is an outsized arts presence and a full-stack entrepreneurial ecosystem, spurred by one of the country’s foremost innovation districts, the Innovation Quarter, focused on biomedical and pharmaceutical R&D and biotechnology. Corporate giants like Hanesbrands, Garner Foods and Inmar Intelligence have built business empires here alongside Collins Aerospace, Caterpillar, Cook Medical, Corning, Deere-Hitachi and scores of other companies that maintain major operations here. Throughout Forsyth County, emerging and established companies alike benefit from low costs, prime available land, and Class A office space, with room to grow in a city that offers prime developable land.
Economic Development Services
Greater Winston-Salem, Inc. is the unified voice for business expansion and development in Winston-Salem and Forsyth County. We work with area companies of all sizes to help facilitate growth and expansion and to find the perfect location for your growing enterprise.
Here are a few of the ways we can help:
- Expansion and Retention – For companies looking to expand, we can help with site identification, workforce issues, financing, and negotiating with local government for incentives.
- Site Selection – In the heart of the Carolina Core and with prime properties and sites available, Winston-Salem/Forsyth County should be at the top of your list.
- Resource Coordination – We work to link local businesses, uniting people and businesses to the resources they need to scale and succeed.
- Business Consulting Services – We can answer questions, provide information, help with paperwork, and offer one-on-one counseling on everything from financing to hiring issues. We can also connect you to a wide variety of resources that can help you start and/or grow your business.
- Business Research – Greater Winston-Salem, Inc. can provide customized reports offering a wide array of information that you can use to target new customers, discover unique opportunities, identify locations, and more. Regardless of the scope of your project, we can deliver the data you need for your business.
Economic Development Contacts:
Director of Economic Development
Director of Entrepreneurial Initiatives
Economic Development Analyst
Make the Carolina Core your next move. Learn More