What is Emerging Leaders?
Emerging Leaders is a new program that will provide mentorship opportunities and other support to a small cohort of individuals looking to grow into community leadership. This exciting new program builds off of other leadership programs and trainings. Sessions are an hour and a half and will take place on a monthly basis from February to May. Sessions will cover important topics such as governance, economic development, talent pipelines and building inclusive economies. Participation is free and nominations for the first cohort will be accepted until November 30th. All nominees will be invited to complete an application for consideration.
Who is an Emerging Leader?
The ideal candidate for Emerging Leaders is an individual that recognizes the opportunity in Forsyth County and is willing to be of service to reach those goals. They will be:
- Proven track record of leadership – professionally or personally
- Completion of previous leadership or professional development programs
- Clear intent to grow leadership skills and increase leadership responsibility in the community
- Committed to the growth and betterment of Forsyth County as seen through current community involvement or intended participation
- Understanding of Forsyth County’s current opportunities/challenges and desire to be a part of future development