The U.S. Chamber of Commerce announced the finalists for its annual Dream Big Small Business of the Year Award, presented by MetLife, which celebrates the achievements of small businesses and honors their contributions to America’s economic growth. The great state of North Carolina will be represented by Winston-Salem based company – Tar Heel Basement Systems.
“Small businesses are a critical and vibrant segment of the U.S. economy. Despite the challenges they face, small business owners never stop innovating, taking risks, working hard, and dreaming big,” said Thomas J. Donohue, president and CEO of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. “These finalists and their small businesses strengthen their communities and local economies. The Chamber is proud to honor these outstanding companies, which together represent what’s possible in our free enterprise system. They are a reminder that there is nothing small about small business.”
This year’s finalists, selected from a record number of applicants, for the Dream Big Small Business of the Year Awards program include:
• 3 Daughters Brewing – St. Petersburg, FL
• Beau and Belle Littles – Loveland, CO
• Brandhoot – Rochester, MN
• Charter School Business Management – New York, NY
• Cope Company Salt – Lancaster, PA
• DHD Films – Dallas, TX
• Ecolink, Inc. – Tucker, GA
• GCC Technologies – Oakland, MD
• Golden Openings, Inc. – Urbandale, IA
• Mid-Atlantic Maritime Academy – Norfolk, VA
• Nightlight Pediatric Urgent Care – Sugarland, TX
• ProjectXYZ, Inc. – Huntsville, AL
• Sage Restoration – Overland Park, KS
• Tar Heel Basement Systems – Winston-Salem, NC
• TerraCycle, Inc. – Trenton, NJ
• Valsatech Corporation – Ellicott, MD
• Xylo Technologies – Rochester, MN
Award winners will be announced at the Dream Big Awards Celebration on Tuesday, September 12 in Washington, D.C. as part of the 2017 Small Business Summit taking place at the Omni Shoreham Hotel.
About Tar Heel Basement Systems
Established in Boone, NC in 2003, Tar Heel Basement Systems has become one of North Carolina’s largest and most trusted home improvement contractors- specializing in basement waterproofing, crawl space repair, foundation repair and concrete lifting/leveling. Owner Pete Burgess has a vision to redefine the home improvement industry by offering remarkable experiences for his customers, fulfilling work for his employees and continuous contributions to the community. Tar Heel Basement Systems is a proud member of the Boone, Winston Salem, Greensboro & Eden Chambers of Commerce.