The Chamber has received the following schedule for upcoming lane closures on Business 40 and Peters Creek Parkway from the NC DOT:
* Beginning October 23, 2017 thru early December the contractor will be closing the inside lane in both directions of Business 40 nightly for construction of the center bridge support of the new Peters Creek Parkway bridge from 9:00pm to 6:00am.
* Beginning October 25, 2017 thru early December, in addition to the above, the contractor will be detouring the eastbound Business 40 traffic up the exit ramp at Peters Creek Parkway and down the Business 40 on ramp from Peters Creek Parkway from 12:00am to 6:00am.
* Beginning early December, the contractor will close the inside lane of Business 40 in both directions all day for a maximum of 45 days.
Peters Creek Parkway
* Beginning October 23, 2017 thru early December, the contractor will be closing one lane in each direction of Peters Creek Parkway, nightly for work associated with the new Peters Creek Bridge construction from 9:00pm to 6:00am.
* Beginning mid-October, expect periodic daytime lane closures along Peters Creek Parkway during non-peak hours (9:00am to 4:00pm) as we begin clearing operations.
* No lane closures will occur on either Bus.40 or Peters Creek Parkway from November 21, 2017 to November 26, 2017 due to Thanksgiving Holiday Restrictions.
* Excluding the 45-day continuous closure, lane closures are dependent on the weather conditions, as we do not install lane closures during rain events or other adverse weather.
* Nighttime lane closures on westbound Business 40 will only be installed when the nature of that night’s work warrants the closing of the westbound inside lane. If the work does not require the westbound lane closure, we do not intend to install it. (This does not apply to the continuous 45-day closure. It will remain in place once it is installed.)
Please continue to follow the DOT and the Chamber’s announcements via email and social media to keep up with what’s happening on the roadways and stay safe.