Tar Heel Basement Systems is excited to launch its “Building Solid Foundations” scholarship, awarding a $1500 scholarship to a local high school student. In partnership with the Winston Salem Chamber of Commerce’s Construction Council, this educational scholarship will be open for applications through December 31, 2017.
“We are on a mission to bring purpose, innovation and evolution to the construction industry, and we think it begins with our youth,” said Pete Burgess, CEO of Tar Heel Basement Systems. “The construction industry is in need of driven, honest, customer-oriented people. We hope that by offering this scholarship, it will create opportunities and open new doors into the construction field for the young people in our community.”
In order to be considered for this award, the applicant:
• Must be currently enrolled in 11th or 12th grade
• Must attend high school in one of the following counties:
o Alexander, Alleghany, Ashe, Caldwell, Catawba, Hickory, Newton-Conover, Watauga, Wilkes, Alamance, Asheboro, Davidson, Davie, Forsyth, Guilford, Mount Airy, Randolph, Rockingham, Stokes, Surry, Yadkin
• Must complete the online application at www.tarheelbasementsystems.com/scholarship
• Selected student must be willing to participate in press release and media engagements announcing the award, including (but not limited to) photos, videos & written news releases
• Duplicate entries will not improve a candidate’s odds of selection
• Judges will base their decisions solely on the information provided within the online submissions
• Please provide detailed information so judges can give the applicant full consideration
The recipient of the Building Solid Foundations Scholarship will be announced on January 5, 2018. In an effort to continue to give back to the community and our youth, this scholarship will be offered on an annual basis.
About Tar Heel Basement Systems
Tar Heel Basement Systems is North Carolina’s largest basement, crawl space and foundation repair contractor. In addition to creating healthier homes for their customers, the team at Tar Heel Basement Systems is focused on improving lives and redefining the construction industry.
Company Contact: Jackie Hoffman- 336-464-9727- [email protected]