Governor Cooper issued Executive Order 181 which is a modified stay at home order. EO 181 begins at 5:00 PM on Friday, December 11 and lasts until 5:00 PM on January 8, 2021. The Order requires people to remain at home between the hours of 10:00 PM to 5:00 AM.
- The order creates a 9:00 PM cutoff for all on-site alcohol consumption;
- Live entertainment performances, movie screenings, and youth sports must end by 10:00 PM; and
- Grocers, pharmacies, fuel, and health care businesses are not required to close at 10:00 PM.
- Travel to and from work when a worker’s presence is required by the worker’s employer;
- Travel to obtain groceries, carry out food, medical care, fuel, health care necessities, or social services;
- Travel away from a business that closed at or after 10:00 PM;
- Travel to a business that will open at or after 5:00 AM;
- Travel to take care of a family member, friend, or pet in another household;
- Travel for purposes of personal safety;
- Travel required by law enforcement or court order; and
- Using or providing shared transportation. This includes, without limitation, taxis, ride shares, public transportation, airports, and train stations
- Those persons traveling to or attending religious services or activities;
- Collegiate and professional sporting events;
- Media personnel;
- Law enforcement, first responders, fire teams, and paramedics;
- Government officials; and
- Individuals experiencing homelessness.