The recruitment of skilled technology professionals is essential to the growth and retention of companies in our community. Greater Winston-Salem, Inc. is excited to partner with Truist Bank on the creation of the Tech Talent Recruitment Fund to aid expanding companies in Forsyth County as they hire for technology positions. Companies may utilize these funds to finance recruitment efforts or staffing services, as direct payments or bonuses to new hires, salary supplements, or to carry out onboarding exercises.
- $2,500 per net new hire direct from a Forsyth County university/college or approved certificate/credentialed program
- $5,000 per net new hire relocating from outside of Forsyth County
These funds will be disbursed directly and only to the company. Disbursements will be provided once proof of employment have been provided and a 90-day probationary period has been met, by the new hire. Download the Employment Verification Form here.
Qualifying positions are aligned with local educational offerings to ensure an accessible pipeline. Roles must be full-time positions. Contract or temporary positions are ineligible. Roles in technology sector include, but are not limited to:
Designers, Testers, Support technicians, System Administrators, Developers, Programmers who use computer software and/or hardware to design, process, implement and manage information systems in specialties such as database services, security, business intelligence, healthcare informatics and others.
- Annual limit of $20,000 in disbursements per company.
- This program is not intended to recruit startups. Companies must be located in Forsyth County and expanding local operations.
- All disbursements are subject to final approval by the review committee and GWS, Inc. and will only be made once all required documentation is received.
- Only completed applications will be considered for disbursements. Applications will be reviewed on a monthly basis.
- Recipients are expected to report to Greater Winston-Salem Inc. within six (6) months of receipt to provide employment status updates for the roles specified within this application.