You are invited to join us for “Remembering the Neighborhood,” a unique, interactive community event where you can learn about – and contribute to – the history of the neighborhoods in and around the former tobacco district.
Remembering the Neighborhood: Life in the Former Tobacco District
Saturday, November 21
1 pm – 4 pm
Wake Forest Biotech Place
575 N. Patterson Ave.
“Remembering the Neighborhood” is a free public event in Wake Forest Innovation Quarter held as part of an ongoing effort to collect and commemorate local stories.
The following organizations have partnered to present this community event:
* The ARCHIVE (Society for the Study of Afro-American History in W-S)
* City and County Planning Department
* The Diggs Gallery of Winston-Salem State University
* New Winston Museum
* Office of Council Member Derwin Montgomery, City of Winston-Salem
* Old Salem Museum & Gardens – St. Philips Heritage Center
* Resident Volunteers
* Wake Forest University Department of History
* Wake Forest Innovation Quarter
* Wexford Science+Technology
Click here for more information and to register.