Spring House Restaurant, Kitchen & Bar has completed an expansion of its 1920’s historic home that includes an enlarged Library Bar and an additional dining room to the award-winning farm-to-table restaurant. This is the first major renovation of the property since Spring House opened its doors in April, 2012.
Chef Timothy Grandinetti, the Managing Partner, described the effort to enlarge the Library Bar as “the perfect blending of the beautiful historic home with much-needed bar and event space. The expansion allows us to accommodate both our dinner patrons and the many special events we host here. We’re seeing a lot of excitement from our guests for this sophisticated, yet “comfortably Southern” space. We think the “new and improved” Library Bar provides the ideal spot to fully enjoy our creative artisan cocktails, carefully curated wines, and craft beer selection.”
The addition also created an area adjacent to the Library Bar for those guests desiring just drinks and appetizers or a more casual dinner service. The “Blue Room” may also be used for private events seating up to 20 guests; and when opened to the Sun Porch, is a comfortable venue for parties of up to 50 guests. According to Spring House Founder, Lynette Matthews-Murphy, “this lovely home is nearing 100 years old, and has a wonderful ambiance that’s perfect for gathering friends and family. The new space continues our legacy of providing Winston-Salem with a stylish and unique destination that’s a perfect match for our progressive Southern cuisine and gracious hospitality. We’re very excited about this new era for Spring House.”
The Spring House partners selected Owen Architecture, PLLC, who designed the original 2012 renovation of the Bahnson House, to provide a seamless design for the addition, and Beta Builders was named General Contractor. Lucie Matthews Patton, the restaurant’s original designer, was again tapped as Interior Designer for the project. Local artist Justine Linville was commissioned to create the original artwork in the space.
To plan a special event at Spring House, contact Elizabeth Bruce, Private Events Specialist, at 336.293.4797, or [email protected]
About Spring House Restaurant, Kitchen & Bar
Spring House Restaurant, Kitchen & Bar is located in the former A.H. Bahnson House, at 450 N. Spring Street. The home was built in 1920, and is one of the last remaining homes on downtown’s Fifth Street, which was known as “Millionaire’s Row,” in recognition of the many industrialists, bankers and business owners who resided there in the 1880’s-1940’s. The home was placed on the National Historic Register in 2001, and, after extensive renovations, became Spring House Restaurant, Kitchen & Bar in April 2012.
All Images Courtesy of Kyle Duncan Photo