Forsyth County is looking for volunteers to serve on a wide variety of committees.
Applications are due March 8; commissioners will appoint positions in their March 28 meeting.
- Adult Care Home Community Advisory Committee is seeking 12 appointments. Committee members visit Adult Care Homes and Family Care Homes, interact with residents and advocate for their quality care.
- City/County Appearance Commission has two positions for someone with special experience or education in design.
- City/County Commission on Ending Homeless is seeking a social services representative.
- Community Child Protection Team/Child Fatality Prevention Team has an opening for a parent of a child who died before they were 18 years old.
- Forsyth County Agricultural Advisory Board has two positions for those actively engaged in farming.
- Forsyth County Home and Community Care Block Grant Advisory Council is seeking one informal caregiver and has 12 other open positions.
- Forsyth County Juvenile Crime Prevention Council has openings for a juvenile defense attorney, a person under 18 years-old who is a member of the State Youth Council and the district attorney or his designee.
- Forsyth Memorial Hospital Board of Trustees, which provides oversight for Forsyth Medical Center, has one opening.
- Industrial Facilities & Pollution Control Financing Authority, which assists local industry in securing bond financing, has two openings.
- Nursing Home Community Advisory Committee is seeking seven appointments. Committee members visit the county’s nursing homes and advocate for quality care in them.
- City/County Planning Board is seeking one county resident that lives outside the city of Winston-Salem.
- Triad Community Advisory Board, which oversees mental health, substance abuse and intellectual/developmental disability benefits in the Cardinal Innovations Triad Service area, is seeking another citizen stakeholder.
- Kernersville Zoning Board of Adjustment has two alternate appointments open for those living outside Kernersville’s town limits but within the one-mile zoning extra-territorial jurisdiction.
Information and applications for all positions can be found under “Volunteer Opportunities” on the right side of the county’s website at www.forsyth.cc. or by calling (336) 703-2020.