Watch the “The State of the Community” Event held on Wednesday, May 6, hosted by The Winston-Salem Alliance at the Benton Convention Center.
In addition to Mayor Allen Joines, other area leaders spoke about where the city is and where it needs to go from their areas of expertise:
* Bob Leak, President of industry-recruitment organization Winston-Salem Business Inc., on capital investments and big projects
* Gayle Anderson, President & CEO of the Winston-Salem Chamber of Commerce, on economic development
* Janet Wheeler, Chairman of the Winston-Salem Foundation, on social capital campaigns
* Jim Sparrow, President of the Arts Council of Winston-Salem and Forsyth County, on initiatives in the arts
* Beverly Emory, Superintendent of the Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools, on the state of the public schools