The Economic Development Partnership of NC (EDPNC) has provided the following information to manufacturing companies.
Want to make sure that others in the state know what you manufacture? Register on https://www.manufacturednc.com/. This site has existed for some time and is where we are directing individual hospitals and care providers who reach out to us seeking specific resources and items.
Are you a manufacturer willing to help with production of finished PPE or materials? Is your business able to pivot to manufacturing Personal Protective Equipment? Manufacturers interested in contributing to textile PPE (gowns, masks, gloves, etc.) can contact the Carolina Textile District (CTD) for help in transitioning their production to prototype and producing medical supplies during the COVID-19 crisis. Contact Sara Chester. Carolina Textile District for more info at [email protected] or by phone at 828-674-3141
Are you an NC Manufacturer that can provide assistance producing critical healthcare products?Go to https://ncsu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_7R1zT6a3ffz96Hr and complete the form. The NC Manufacturing Extension Partnership will share the information with state and federal leaders who are seeking needed items. This includes parts or production of respirators.
Looking for a site that facilitates connections for supplies and resources?BIO created the Coronavirus Hub to connect companies with capacity and resources with those that need them, including medical research centers, biopharmaceutical companies, testing developers and testing sites requesting supplies. The new hub will enable users to post requests for urgently needed items, as well as posting availability of supplies and capacity.
Importing materials from international locations? If your company is considering importing needed items or raw materials from overseas and you would like assistance vetting foreign sellers, please reach out to Michael Cole, International Trade Manager at the Economic Development Partnership of North Carolina at [email protected] or by calling (919) 794-1158.
Looking to sell medical supplies to the federal government? Go to FEMA and select the right option under “How To Help – Private Sector”.
Additional Resources for NC Manufacturers
- NCSU Industry Expansion Solutions – For business and engineering expertise for companies seeking to expand or explore new product areas.
- Manufacturing Solutions Center – For testing and product development, contact Dan St. Louis at [email protected] or 828-327-7000 ext. 4292.
- American Apparel Producers Network: For access to textile supplies or companies that can sew for you.
- Defense Logistics Agency – Main sourcing agency for the entire US military. DLA is seeking personal protective equipment. Contact Jessica De La Hoz at [email protected].
- Food and Drug Administration – FDA is interested in hearing from manufacturers who may be able to help mitigate potential shortages of the above product codes by increasing U.S. availability of such devices. These manufacturers may email FDA contacts at [email protected], which is closely monitored and has proven to be a valuable resource thus far in helping FDA mitigate potential supply chain disruptions.